Saturday, September 17, 2011

Teen Vogue: Jean Pool -- Denim for Every Body

Photobucket

Jean Pool
Denim for Every Body

Here are many ways a person of any body type can rock denim.
I really enjoyed reading this article

Not only was I able to see which kind of denim fits my body type the best but I was also able to get inspirations on how to rock them.

Photobucket

Alyona Osmanova
22 years old, Ukranian model

She loves to wear jeans that are "tight on top and wide at the bottom".

Here, she is wearing a Charley 5.0 denim dress.
I love how she paired it bright yellow shoes for a bit of a color pop.

Photobucket

Sarah Hyland
20 years old, Actress

Since she is short and petite, her favorite type of jeans are the ones "with flap pockets on the butt" to create the illusion that she has one and "denim cutoffs" to make her legs look long.

I like how she went for a casual comfy look.
She's wearing wallflower shorts with an Isabel Marant Eloile sweater.
I LOVE how she wore knee high socks to complete the look. I can totally rock this look one of these days at school.

Photobucket

Kay Panabaker
20 years old, Actress

She loves to wear denim mini skirts to make her legs look longer.

Kay rocks a denim on denim look by pairing a pair of dark washed denim skirt with dark washed Hudson denim jacket. I actually bought a denim skirt but for some reason I never wore it.

Photobucket

Sloane Stephens
17 years old, Tennis player

Being an athlete means having tons of muscles. Sloane prefers stretchy denim material because it fits her muscular legs the best.

I love her Le Mont St. Michel skirt. It hugs her curves really well.
I also love how she paired with bright yellow AG Adriano Goldschmied tank top.

Photobucket

Hayley Hasselhoff
18 years old, Actress

She has a curvy body so skinnies and high-waisted jeans work the best for her. It accentuates her waist, lengthens her legs, and shows off her figure.

She looks great in her Diesel Black Gold Jacket. I love how she added the black patent belt to hug her at the waist.


Photobucket

Monyca Byrne-Wickey
20 years old, Professional Surfer

She loves wearing more relaxed fit denims like boyfriend jeans.

I really really like her Juicy Couture Jeans.
I need to go shopping for some boyfriend jeans.

Photobucket

Laura Love
19 years old, Model and Ballerina

Laura prefers to wear shorts over jeans. Since she has extremely long legs, it's difficult for her to find jeans that have long enough inseam.

I think she's beautiful. I've always wanted to to be a ballerina ever since I was a little girl. I love what she's wearing. It's very laid back.

Photobucket

Whitney Port
25 years old, Reality Star

Since she's bigger on top and smaller on the bottom, she loves to wear loose oversized tops paired with really tight jeans.

Photobucket

Jasmine Villegas
17 years old, Singer

She highlights her curves by rocking fitted jeans. She believes that "girls shouldn't wear clothes just because they're in fashion".

I love her top! It's very sophisticated and I love the color. I also like how her jeans have patches on them. It's a bit different.


I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post. And I hope that it helped you guys find out which type of denim looks best with your body type. :D


I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.
~Yves Saint-Laurent



TWITTER! MyLifeAsCarrie

10 comments:

  1. i love sarah hyland's look! she's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! i'm gonna have to go back and check what type of denim i should be wearing. right now though, i am loving denim shorts and skinnies. i'm petite so i'm not sure how high-waisted jeans would look on me... probably not that good. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ... I envy so many visits to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these girls are so gorgeous!! I wish I was a ballerina even more now that girl is just beautiful! I love how denim can be so versatile :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally helpful! I love Sarah Hyland's, Monyca Byrne-Wickey's, and Laura Love's outfit. <3

    XoXo, Bree
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MissIndependent: Same here!

    @Mimi: I've been wearing a lot of denim shorts too. it's still way too hot to wear jeans especially because i walk to school most of the times.

    @Mery: :D

    @Sarah: I've always wanted to be a ballerina. they're so beautiful and graceful.

    @Bree: Yay! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this kinds post, about jeans :D I have not found my perfect pair of jeans yet...have to keep on searching! I love Alyona Osmanova, she's so pretty. :) Now I am loving shorts and I never knew why I never wore them before. I guess I was always thinking that me legs were to chubby to wear them, but now I do cause I can't wear them when I am 50! gotta enjoy them now :D

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @A!ko: It doesn't matter if your legs are skinny, chubby, long, or short. Wear whatever you want you feel like wearing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! Thanks for sharing this!

    I had the best pair of jeans; it was like the gods hand crafted it to for me! But unfortunately I lost it … some how and can never find another pair of jeans like it or even close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dizzy: You're welcome. :D Awh, that sucks. I totally feel you on that.

    ReplyDelete